Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day of 1st Grade!




There she goes, my not so little chickadee. She was so cute! The morning started off a little shaky. I got up extra early to make her bacon, eggs, and toast (she talks too much at lunch and sometimes doesn't eat enough) and I wake her up very nicely (which usually fades off by November) and she says she has a stomach and isn't hungry. Luckily it was just nerves, but my beautifully made breakfast with many droplets of love went to waste. Alas the rest of the morning was fine. She did, however, reach the point of being embarrassed of her parents showing her any kind of affection in front of her peers. Luckily, Andy thought to ask, "Is it OK if we kiss you when the bus gets here?" She says, "NO!" What the? I can't even kiss my baby in front of all her friends??? But why? So we had to give her kisses while we waited for the bus as not to embarrass the little cherub. Oh she is too much! Can we say high maintenance?
But she did so good and she had a good day so that's all that matters! All to get up and do it again tomorrow (probably minus the camera in her face)!



No comments: