Monday, June 30, 2008

Here We Are

OK - the party is over and now its back to the everyday stuff. Whats everyday stuff anyway? I'm having a hard time concentrating on the insignificant details of life right now. I wrote a couple days ago and told of a friend who is having a hell of a bad month. Unfortunately, her husband passed away Saturday afternoon. I can't even begin to describe, explain, or understand the unraveling since his fateful Thursday night. It is right out of a Lifetime movie and just incomprehensible to believe that it wasn't written by a Hollywood writer. Tomorrow is the wake and the funeral is on Friday. I, of course, will be attending and I don't know what help I will be, but I hope my presence can at least make a small difference.

I give her any strength I have. Anything I have, really. She will soon welcome a new life into this world that is sure to be beautiful and life altering. This baby will save her. This baby has purpose and will pull her through those moments that she feels she can't go another minute. The support that is pouring in for her is both touching and incredible.

She is am amazing woman and is sure to pull through even stronger. She will raise wonderful children and live a long happy life. Her friends and family will stand by her and catch her when she falls or reach out with a tender hand. Bumps are a part of life, but no one deserves a sink hole in the middle. It is always said that everything happens for a reason and as hard as that pill is to swallow, what other solace is there?

I can't possibly imagine what she feels. All I can do is reflect on my own life and open my eyes to the everyday pieces that we all take for granted. I think part of watching a situation like this should be a wake up call for anyone the story touches. Watching as your husband/wife walks through the back door and giving you a hello kiss or having their strong arms wrapped around you so you can feel the warm and sincerity of the squeeze. Think of life without those moments. I'm sure that she would give her heart, soul, and life to have just one more. When a father/mother is playing with his/her kids and your in the other room. They are starting to get a little louder than usually allowed, but the noise is laughter. Belly laughing from deep in their hearts. Do you still want to ask them to be quiet?

Life is a vulnerable, delicate, and priceless feature to this universe and far too many times we pass by the true meaning of life and miss the moments that matter most. I'll end here with a quote....


You can shed tears that he is gone, or you can smile because he has lived.You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,or you can be full of the love you shared.You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.You can remember him only that he is gone,or you can cherish his memory and let it live on. You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back.Or you can do what he'd want:smile, open your eyes, love and go on."

David Harkins quotes

and...

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Quotes from: http://thinkexist.com

No comments: