Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Good Story about a Good Girl

I go to Walmart at least twice a month. I wish I didn't have to, but I just can't beat the prices. Anyway, I went with my Mom and we had a grill and a sewing machine and 2 huge cart fulls between us. She went to the Dunkin Donuts and me being the type who can't just stand there and wait decided to take the 2 carts out myself. Now I am passing guy after guy after guy.....a lady here, employees everywhere, and there and they all just watched me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw an employee in the bathroom about to clean........she couldn't have seen me for more than a second and she came running out of the bathroom and asked if I needed help. She was probably about 18-20 and I think she may have been special needs, but obviously has triumphed. She just had the brightest and most sincere smile and that's all she did, smile, you just can't help but smile back. I must have thanked her a million times. I would love to meet her parents. They really should know that they have raised such a warm hearted and considerate young woman. And she should know that I will remember her face and her smile and be grateful she showed me there is still consideration for others in this self indulgent world.

"Treat people as if they are what they ought to be, and you can help them become what they are capable of becoming."
~Johann von Goethe

No comments: