Thursday, August 28, 2008

One Full Plate

That is what I have ahead of me. Four courses filled with reading and writing and a little more writing. I may be headed to the nearest bridge before we know it, but at least I will be more educated when I get there....ha ha ha. Wow, how long things seem when you look at them from the beginning. You know that road trip that you thought was going to be so great, but then half way to your destination you wish you were high in the sky eating mega salty peanuts and freezing from your neighbors AC vent. Well here starts my cross country road trip and my plane left 9 years ago. I'm excited though. For the first time I actually want to learn. Now there is a concept. Wanting to learn. I wish there was a way to explain to kids how much easier it would be to do the right thing the first time around. Unfortunately, they don't get it (some do and those people are already making the big bucks), but I suppose it's more valuable as a hard lesson and maybe my girls will watch how hard it is and do it right the first time. Here's hoping, but come next Wednesday I think my only hope will be making it through first semester and what my grades look like......

2 comments:

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

Jackie I am SO proud of you! Frank says congrats too! I hope you enjoy it, or at least most of it! Love ya :)

PS. Happy Birthday!!! Tell me what your favorite color is this season and I'll whip something special (and glassy) up and send it out ;)

Jackie Mac said...

Hey, I sent you an email. I didn't know if you were getting my emails so I wanted to let you know here <3 Talk soon!!!!