Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Ultimate Joys of Parenthood

We all know that when you get woken up at 2am it's never good news. So my Haley (she's 6) comes in at 1:50am exactly. "I'm sick." My response are you going to or did you already....she already did. Did she make it? Nope. Ok so talked myself up all the way to the bathroom. I can do this. Just cover it and pick it up.....so about 5 minutes later I wake up my husband who was good enough to get up and clean up. Yuck, I shiver just thinking about it - ewwwwwy. So it was one of those bugs - yack all night....so lucky me got to sleep while my hubby stayed up with her on the couch and took care of his little girl.


The rest of us get up at a normal hour and Ashley seems to be fine. So I have a few errands to run, I decide to take Ashley to get her out of the house and away from the diseased one. I pick up my Mom to join the venture and we get on the highway. I won't describe the sounds we heard next, but Pumkin muffin is not pleasant on it's way back out.

Rushed home - threw her in the shower and now we had 2 down and us still standing. Now we have everyone up and running (well sleeping, but calm and stable). If I am up later this evening, I'm not gonna be a happy camper, so keep your fingers crossed for me and Andy!!! I'm hoping I have sprayed enough Lysol today to kill anything that isn't supposed to be here or on my body......we shall see.....

.....Just one of those days I guess..........

No comments: