Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beautiful Beginnings




Remember the Dear Friend that I spoke of earlier, who recently lost her husband. Well, I am happy to say I have some wonderful news and she has recieved the most perfect and beautiful gift. Little Miss Chloe Anne Abrahams arrived today at approx. 2:20pm @ 7lbs 5oz. Mama Christina is an extremely private person, but I was blessed to be one of the few that got to welcome Chloe into the world this afternoon.
In the beginning it looked like she was going to be a bit of a bugger. Christina was so uncomfortable and having had 2 myself and knowing exactly what that felt like, you just wanted to do something, anything, to make it go away. She was strong though, as usual. After she was able to relax for a moment, it went fast and perfect. Like I said, with 2 kids, I have been there, but what a whole new world on the other side of the table (you know when your not half numb and completely exhausted). She cried, I cried, everyone in the room cried. I think though, for this family, it was the first time in a long time the tears were for joy instead of sadness. I think they needed it. I watched her lay in bed with her new little baby....touching her fingers and her face. I saw her whisper something to her, I don't know what she said, but I know it was was from her heart. I watched her fall in love with her little girl.

No comments: