Monday, July 7, 2008

Sears (Rating of their Service)

OK. So, we had a bit of a water heater leak on Saturday, of course, a holiday weekend no less. So I look on the side of the tank and there is the # for Sear's. Now keep in mind we rent, so this is new to us. Very nice guy we talked to, said that because we called it in before 12pm it would be in the same day. At this point we have no water all all because the valve to shut the main water off from the hot water heater wasnt working. Paint this pretty picture....2 adults and 1 potty trained child with no toilet, can't wash their hands, or take a shower. NOT GOOD. So the day goes on to the 1-3 hour window I was given and the phone doesn't ring. I call Sears back to be told that thats only applicable Mon-Fri. Thats fine and all, but then you don't hand out the promise on a Saturday. So now we just need to get to Monday..... we would get a call..... Ok, holiday weekend....deep breath.

Thankfully my husband is quite the handy man and we got a new valve so now at least we have cold water. Still not so pleasant for a shower, but we just needed to get to Monday right? So here comes Monday. 10am rolls around and I feel like I should have had a call by now. Call Sears and now I have now been transferred to 3 different people, none more pleasant than the previous and they are telling me that the guy who put the order through never told the installer where to pick up the item. Superb...not an important tidbit or anything. Not it's been 45 minutes of me getting very irritated at the not so intelligent representative on the other end. I get a call from the "resolution center" about 3 hours later and he tells me that its all fine and I would be getting a call from the installer soon and they would have it done today. Tick...tick....tick.....check the phone...tick.....now come 2:30pm, knowing how these places work it's not looking good for a hot shower today. I AGAIN call Sears and now I'm out for blood.

Little chime in....the best part of this whole thing is that within an hour of getting off the phone with the original screwer-upper, my debit card had been charged and my nonservice had been paid for.

I did reach someone who seemed like she wanted to help at one point. She asked me to hold while she found out what they could do for my inconvenience.....15 minutes later she then ended the call without a curtousy warning. I have worked in Customer Service and I kind of know the little phone sounds. So I FINALLY get someone who gives me an actual manager (Imagine being denied a Supervisor? "I'm sorry Ma'am, there is no supervisor on the floor right now." To which I responded, "Ok, then knock on an office door and bring one on the floor.") and he seems to be half way intelligent......until....he says he can give me a $50 gift certificate to Sears (just briliant) or I can call the "Hot Water Heater Hotline," where they have a free instillation program in which because of the situation they would do the install for free. Greatful that he gave me the number "incase I got disconnected," he must have foreseen that he didn't know how to transfer a call because sure enough he hung up on me.

Let's have a popular poll now to who thinks that the "Hot Water HeaterHotline" had any idea what the hell I was talking about? That would be a big NO!!!! I was so mad I could have gone through the phone at the poor girl on the other end, but WTF?!? So................yeah, in the event that I do own the house I seek....I will NEVER...NEVER......NEVER use SEARS!!!!!!!


It a rating of 5 stars, I give them a -5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: